Author: Isabel Sosa Whitelaw
Is your home supporting or hindering your child's learning?
Here are five tips on incorporating Montessori principles into your home!
- Create a prepared environment: Set up a designated area for learning and play that is organized, well-lit, and free from distractions.
- Offer a variety of materials: Provide your child with a range of Montessori materials such as puzzles, blocks, and manipulatives to explore and use in their play.
- Encourage independence: Allow your child to make their own choices and decisions as much as possible, and provide them with the tools and resources they need to complete tasks on their own.
- Follow your child's interests: Observe your child's interests and passions, and provide materials and activities that support their learning in these areas.
- Respect your child's natural learning pace: Trust that your child is capable and competent, and allow them to progress at their own pace rather than pushing them to meet arbitrary milestones.